Built For YOUR Hand Size
The Talon comes in a variety of different finger capsule diameters to fit your unique hand size.
During the simple order process, measure your two finger diameter by following the easy instructions on the Order Page.
Your Talon will fit your hand enabling you to easily slip your fingers into the handle and it is also further customizable for fit using the included cord wraps. You can easily change the paracord color or remove it altogether so you can use your Talon ‘naked’ with gloves or to micro-adjust the fit.
Your Talon includes three extra de-cored 550 paracord wraps (black, olive green and desert tan) which can be used to wrap the handle of your knife for further customization. The paracords are pre-cut and the ends are shaped and sealed to make changing your cords easy!
Changing Your Paracord Wrap Handle Size or Color
Begin by removing the cord wrap from your knife. You can keep the knife in the sheath for increased safety.
TO CHANGE THE WRAP ON YOUR TALON KNIFE
- 1) Begin by inserting the cord wrap through the top front hole of the knife handle, leaving a half inch of cord length exposed. Lay the end of the cord flat alongside the handle.
- 2) Wrap the cord tightly around the handle keeping the loops close together.
- 3) Continue wrapping the knife handle all the way around the capsule as shown. Insert the end of the paracord through the 3mm hole on the bottom front of the capsule, and leave the last two loops slightly loose.
- 4) Insert the end of the paracord through the two loops.
- 5) Pull tight, working the cord until the loops are secure around the cord.
- 6) Trim with scissors close to the handle.
- 7) A small frayed end of paracord should be sticking out of the wrap.
- 8) Using a light flame from a lighter, gently sear the frayed end of the paracord. This will prevent fraying.
- 9) Done!
TO MAKE THE TALON SLIGHTLY TIGHTER AROUND YOUR FINGERS
- Begin by inserting the cord wrap through the top front hole of the knife handle, and lay the flat of the wrap along the inside of the handle. Alternatively, you can shorten the amount of cord in the capsule to only cover half of the inside diameter of the knife handle.
- Wrap the cord tightly around the handle keeping the loops close together and keep the cord you are wrapping over on the inside of the capsule.
- Once the entire handle capsule is wrapped, insert the cord through the bottom front hole. Leave two loose loops at the end and fit the end of the paracord through both loops.
- Pull tight, trim with scissors.
- Lightly sear the end of the paracord with a lighter. Do not burn. Tuck the end of the paracord under the wrap with your fingernail. Done!
NOTE: If leaving a full length of cord around the ENTIRE inside of the capsule makes the wrap too tight you can always only lay the paracord along the TOP inside of the capsule before wrapping.
TO DECREASE THE TIGHTNESS OF YOUR TALON KNIFE AROUND YOUR FINGERS
You can wrap your handle so that the finger capsule is larger by partially wrapping the top section of the handle in one of two ways.
- Wrap to the first hole of the handle and follow the steps on trimming the paracord.
- Wrap to the second hole on the handle and follow the steps on trimming the paracord.
- You can also carry and use your Talon Knife with the handle naked without losing any of the functionality of the knife.
You can use any color commercial 550 paracord to re-wrap your knife handle. Simply pull out the white core strands, cut the end of the cord at an angle, touch it with a flame from a lighter to seal the end and you’re ready to go!